1. You are experiencing burnout at work. Work burnout occurs from a number of things, including fatigue, constant stress, and not getting meaning from your job. It can feel really scary. Vedic meditation can help pull you out of this dark place by improving your quality of sleep (each meditation is up to 5 times more restful than any point in a night’s sleep!), your compassion, your energy levels, and your ability to minimize stress by seeing past any changes in expectation that come your way.
2. You feel an adversarial relationship with your boss, colleagues and/or clients, or with family and friends. When we are tired and stressed, it is easy to slip into a mindset of what ‘they’ are doing wrong ‘to me’. Meditation helps build empathy, and helps you to see past your own perspective on events in your life. It helps you realize that it’s NOT about you, even if it feels like it is!
3. No matter how hard you work, and how much you achieve, you still don’t feel fulfilled. Fulfillment isn’t ‘out there’ in the world. Our happiness doesn’t come from test scores, letters of acceptance, big paychecks, or fancy things. Fulfillment is, and always has been, inside of us. Vedic meditation will help you harness that fulfillment, and bring it TO the world, instead of demanding it FROM the world. (You’ll still get to enjoy fancy things- you just won’t need them!)
4. You get really really bad road-rage. It happens to the best of us. Our near-constant states of stress cause us to live on the edge of the fight-or-flight stress reaction. Any small thing can set us off. Because Vedic meditation helps your body and mind get up to 5 times the amount of rest as any point in a night’s sleep (see #1!), that rest gives us energy to ADAPT to things that don’t meet our expectations. Once you learn to meditate, ‘that guy cut me off!’ turns into ‘that poor guy is really stressed out and I hope he learns to meditate’ really quickly. It becomes effortless to remember that it’s not about you (see #2!).
5. You feel tired all the time. Cortisol, norepinephrine, and epinephrine (adrenaline) are your body’s byproducts from living a life filled with stress. These are the body’s natural Red Bull and keep you awake as they mask severe underlying fatigue. These chemicals keep your mind and body on overdrive, so that you have a hard time sleeping at night, and the quality of your sleep is poor. As a result, you never feel like you’ve gotten enough rest. Vedic meditation gives your body a much-needed break from all those stress chemicals, and allows you to finally get high-quality rest as your body is bathed in the bliss chemicals (serotonin, dopamine and endogenous opioids) that our bodies produce while we meditate.
Meditation is for anyone and everyone! Come join me at one of my FREE Vedic meditation info/Q&A sessions in Atlanta, Chicago or Minneapolis, and learn more about this effortless and RAD practice. Or, if you want to learn to meditate (or re-energize your current Vedic meditation practice), in a relaxing retreat setting, register for our Fall Meditation Retreat on Lake Michigan from October 13-16. Register by September 15 to save your spot!
Like what you read? Leave a comment! We love hearing from you!