Let’s face it- we love our kids, but parenting is one of life’s greatest challenges! Here are 5 ways that a regular meditation practice can help make our jobs as parents easier:
1. Adaptation Energy. Lots of it. Adaptation energy is our bank account of patience. If we have enough of it, we can face any frustration, irritation, or challenge WITHOUT losing our temper. If we run out? We yell, scream, lose our temper, or make inappropriate hand gestures in traffic. Because we get 2-5 times more rest in meditation than any point in a night’s sleep, Conscious Health Meditation gives us huge reserves of ADAPTATION ENERGY, which keeps us cool as cucumbers even in the most harrowing parenting situations.
2. Schedule changes. Kids off school for the summer? Home for spring break? Trying your last nerve as you think of things to do with them when they are out of school? Meditation will give you an excuse, twice a day (I promise this is do-able!), to unplug, tune out, take time for your own self-care, and allow you to re-charge that adaptation energy!
3. Little kids can meditate too! Did you know that kids age 4-11 can learn Conscious Health Meditation for free, if one of their parents are already Conscious Health meditators? All they have to do in exchange is create a piece of art.
4. Time away from screens. Are you worried about how much time your kids spend on screens? Do they complain of being bored the second you take their phones away? Meditation gives them 2 times per day that they are otherwise occupied. And the meditation practice will help them let go of the need to always be connected.
5. Peace of mind. If your kid is going off to college, there are bound to be a lot of sleepless nights, worrying about whether or not they are ok, how they will handle themselves. By giving them the gift of an effortless, beneficial meditation practice before they go off on their own for the first time, you can sleep better at night. Why? This stress-reduction tool will help them navigate final exams, improve their intuition, decrease their anxiety, and give them the confidence to explore who they are as individuals. Added bonus: Conscious Health Meditation helps with school behavior, learning disabilities and special education!
Inquire about special student rates and graduation gift ideas at Jill@JillWener.com, or register for an ‘Intro Talk’ here!