For New Meditators
INTRODUCTION TO VEDIC MEDITATION: A ONE HOUR INFO SESSION AND Q&A
Who should attend an Intro session?
If you think you "can't meditate" because your brain is too busy, you can't clear your mind of thoughts, or you are too 'Type A'- leave all of those misconceptions behind. Vedic meditation doesn't require any focus, concentration, or clearing the mind, and you get to sit comfortably!
What is the Intro to Vedic Meditation?
A one-hour lecture and question/answer session designed for anyone interested in learning more about Vedic Meditation - a simple, effortless and highly beneficial practice that absolutely anyone can learn.
What will I learn at the Intro?
- The technique's origins
- What science says about the practice
- An overview of the mechanics of the practice itself
- The benefits of Vedic meditation - including reduction of stress and an increase in energy, peace of mind and creativity
- How you may sign up for our 4-day Course in Vedic Meditation.
Will we be learning to meditate at the Intro Talk?
Vedic meditation is too awesome to be taught in a 1-hour session (the Vedic meditation technique is taught in the 4-day Course in Vedic Meditation)! If you choose to sign up for the 4-day Course, your Intro Talk fee will be applied to your 4-day Course fee.
Do I have to attend an Intro Talk to learn Vedic meditation?
Attendance at an Introduction to Vedic Meditation class is a prerequisite for enrollment in the 4-day Course in Vedic Meditation.
Can't make it to an Intro Talk, but still interested in learning Vedic Meditation?
No problem! Email Jill to set up a time to discuss course details.
Please click here to sign up for an Intro Class near you!
4-DAY COURSE IN VEDIC MEDITATION
How long is the course?
- Four sessions over four consecutive days
- Approximately 90 minutes for each session.
Is it ok if I skip a day?
No. Students must attend all four sessions to complete the course, as a sequential amount of knowledge is offered each day.
Will I be a self-sufficient meditator by the end of the course?
Yes! At the end of these four sessions you will have learned all of the tools and information you will need to make Vedic Meditation a regular and powerful part of your daily life.
What is the structure of the course?
The first session: each student receives their mantra in a short but beautiful gratitude ceremony and learns the basic mechanics of how to meditate.
Over the following three sessions:
- The meditation technique is checked and refined
- Learn about the effects of meditation on your mind and body
- Discuss the development of higher states of consciousness.
- The combination of practical experience and theoretical understanding that allows you to be self-sufficient in your practice.
How can I prepare in advance?
All students must attend an Introduction to Vedic Meditation class or meet with Jill in person in order to enroll in the 4-day course in Vedic Meditation. To ensure the best learning experience and highest quality instruction, space on each course is limited.
Where does Jill teach Vedic meditation?
Courses are currently being held in Atlanta, Minneapolis and Chicago. Don't live in these cities? Contact Jill to arrange a course where you live.
A lifetime of follow-up:
For students of Vedic meditation, expert instruction and learning do not end with the 4-day Course in Vedic Mediation. Your 1-time course fee entitles you to unprecedented follow-up and includes the following:
- A 45 minute, 1-on-1 session (in person, or by phone/skype) with Jill to check their technique and answer any questions in person 2 weeks after the course ends.
- Re-take any of Jill's future 4-day Courses (as a 'refresher course')
- Group meditations and Vedic knowledge meetings held in Atlanta several times a month on Sunday afternoons (view schedule here)
- Unlimited access to Jill by email and text
- Extensive email follow-up with tips, pointers and trouble-shooting
- Extra bonus: Jill has talented, inspiring colleagues all over the globe whose refresher courses and meetings you may also attend at no additional cost.
One of the best ways to be successful and stay consistent in your meditation practice is to attend as many of these refresher courses, group meditations and Vedic knowledge meetings as possible.
CORPORATE AND PRIVATE COURSES
Benefits of Vedic Meditation include stress reduction as well as improved concentration, creativity, efficiency and social interactions. If your business has a wellness program, or if you would like to know more about corporate course options, please email Jill@JillWener.com.
For Experienced Vedic Meditators
EXPLORING THE VEDAS
The Veda is an ancient body of spiritual knowledge that originated in India. Among other important spiritual and scientific practices, the Veda is the source of yoga, meditation and Ayurvedic medicine. In this course, students learn techniques for deepening meditation, for correcting the mistakes of the mind and heart, and for creating a fulfilled life. The course is taught in a group setting, usually over a weekend. To enroll, students must have taken the 4-day course in Vedic Meditation and must be consistently practicing meditation. To learn about the next scheduled Exploring the Veda course or to ask questions, please email Jill@JillWener.com.
GROUP MEDITATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE MEETINGS
- Held several times per month in Atlanta.
- Provide a forum for new and experienced meditators to validate their meditation experiences and ask questions about meditation technique.
- Are included in the course fee for the 4-day course in Vedic Meditation.
- View schedule here
- Help meditators bring the benefits of meditation into their daily lives even more efficiently.
- Meditators who have been meditating consistently for a year or longer are eligible to receive an advanced technique.
- If you would like more information about advanced techniques, or to ask questions, please email Jill@JillWener.com.
Learn the practice of Vedic Rounding, plus much more! Retreats provide an opportunity to deepen your meditation practice and meet other meditators while eating delicious, healthy food in a beautiful setting. Check back for updated information about our retreat offerings.
- Private Consultations are individual meetings between Jill and anyone consistently practicing Vedic Meditation.
- Topics for discussion may include meditation technique, problems in your business or personal life, or Vedic philosophy.
- Private Consultations can take place in person or by phone and are subject to absolute client confidentiality.
- For inquiries please email Jill@JillWener.com.